Ku Ku KaChew

Psst! Check out my other blog: Ku Ku KaChew

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

And the juicing continues

Day 2 of my 3 day juice fast. Over halfway done! Way easier than 10 days, I must say. However, I will admit that I was rather shaky and actually felt downright horrible this morning... I was only drinking warm salt water from 7am-11am, you know, to *cleanse*. I did it a few times in my 10 day fast and was fine. While juicing a pineapple I thought I might lay down afterwards for a nap (I worked from home today) but I guess I just needed a lil suga'!

I was still surprisingly productive even though I was feeling quite horrid. I was thinking to myself, "Maybe this whole juicing thing isn't very good for me..." but I feel wonderful now! Had coconut water then made an elixir of garlic and lemon juice, which is supposed to be very healing. Finally I juiced 2 candy-cane beets and an apple. So, a fair amount of sweets today but I will juice more veggies tomorrow.

Even though I seem to feel a bit off sometimes from juicing, I think it's overall a good thing. It's kinda like giving blood: I've almost passed out on a few occasions, but I don't think that justifies not doing it anymore. So onward, juice!!

Another plus is that I come up with the most BRILLIANT recipe ideas during my juice fasts! I won't unveil it yet, but I will post pictures when I make it (Friday). I'm SO pumped, it's gonna be rawmazing!!

Here is a picture of the apple, carrot, lime, ginger juice from dinner last night. I used 2 granny smith apples, 1 pink lady apple, 1 large carrot, 1 lime, and a 1-inch chunk of ginger. Thank you to Amanda for recommending the delicious combination!

I added dried coconut and raisins to the pulp and formed fruit bars. Dehydrated them for a bit and then stuck 'em in the freezer. I'm excited to try these as little breakfast treats in a couple days :)

RAWK ONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment