Ku Ku KaChew

Psst! Check out my other blog: Ku Ku KaChew

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Potluck in Decatur!

We had a change of venue tonight because it was too chilly for Piedmont! Started out with just 4 but grew to 7 as the night went on. Here are some of our goodies!


Ok so I didn't cut any of these for the potluck but thought I'd share this cool little picture. It's of a beet! Got some at Morningside, turns out they are sometimes called candycane beets. They are pinkish/reddish on the outside and what I particularly like about them is no staining!! But apparently they are less nutritionally abundant. Still fun to mix it up sometimes :-P


My butternut squash "rice" with dried fruit, walnuts, and sage:

Kim's sprout hummus and flax crackers:

Rosita's papaya shake, so rich and creamy!

Michael's peanut/hazelnut/cacao butter-- Move over, Nutella!

Not raw, but didn't want the greens I had from beets and kohlrabi to go to waste, so I sautéed them with some sweet onions, olive oil, salt, pepper, and a bit of nutmeg.

Kim's avocado/lemon/jalapeño/tahini salad:

Damage was done!

Doesn't look like this was a successful attack of the scarf!

Our Potluck Family 05.15.2011, minus Kim! We remembered just after she left :( But I could totally Photoshop her in!!

I think I'm going to do a 4 days juice fast this week. I need to reset myself into some better habits. And now off to bed! Thanks for stoppin by :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment