Ku Ku KaChew

Psst! Check out my other blog: Ku Ku KaChew

Friday, April 29, 2011

Assorted raw foods

Here are some things I've made over the past couple weeks!

Collard wraps with slices of bell pepper and carrots. The dipping sauce is blended coconut meat, almonds, ginger, garlic, and chili pepper. This was my lunch at work. Easy, portable, and no need to refrigerate. Who says being raw has to be difficult at work?


Baba ganoush. This was better than I expected it to be! I thought the raw eggplant might taste a little funky but it was actually delicious! I did notice that my tongue was a little sensitive to it though, similar to when I eat too much pineapple... I guess I didn't scrub the outside enough to reduce the acidity. Still good! Used the leftovers for a salad dressing.


Homemade dehydrated coconut! Used a brown husky coconut for this. Very labor intensive though, much easier and less time consuming to just buy it!!


Kale avocado salad with bell peppers and onions, inspired by Rosita's dish from Sunday :-D The dressing was avocado, lime, and jalapeƱo! And I will add that this was probably one of the tastiest avocados I have ever had MMmMmmmMmmMmMmmmmmMmmmMMMMmmm. I ate half on its own and used the other half for the dressing :)


Dinner for Steven and Nina (non raw omnivores on a diet). Zucchini spaghetti, kale salad, and broccoli crackers!


Kale salad with bell peppers, sunflower seeds, hemp seeds, balsamic vinegar, extra virgin olive oil, and thyme


 Zucchini noodles


Isn't it pretty?


All mixed up! Raw spaghetti, WHABAM!! 


Although Steven is not big on veggies he did finish his plate! And Nina and I kept eating haha. Plus I inspired Nina to want to eat more kale!! I consider this meal a success :)

Anyway, thanks for stoppin by to check out my endeavors! I'll be makin stuff this weekend so more soon, nighty night!

No comments:

Post a Comment