Ku Ku KaChew

Psst! Check out my other blog: Ku Ku KaChew

Friday, April 01, 2011

I hate having people over for meals... April Fools!!

Had some friends over for dinner tonight! Here's what was on the menu:

Cauliflower mash
Cauliflower, garlic, Brazil nuts, salt, pepper, nutritional yeast, olive oil, and a bit of water blended in a food processor.

Zucchini pesto pasta
Made pesto using basil, garlic, pine nuts, olive oil, salt, pepper, and stretched it by adding either spinach or broccoli (I can't remember, I made it awhile back and had frozen it). Use a veggie peeler to make zucchini noodles, and toss with the pesto. Add some pine nuts and spinach leaves for garnish and you have a lovely, delicious, and super easy entree!

Sauerkraut
Click here to see how I made it!

Thin Mints
Here is a basic chocolate cookie/brownie recipe that you can use as the base for tons of desserts. Blend nuts of your choice, dates, and cocoa powder in a food processor. This combination is great for cookies or brownies without any other modifications. However, if you would like to make Thin Mints, just add peppermint extract and voila! Different texture than the original cookies, but they taste just like the real things! I tried dehydrating them vs freezing them and found that they never got crispy in the dehydrator. So now I just form discs and put them directly into the freezer now. When I figure out how to perfect making chocolate, I may try dipping these into chocolate-peppermint sauce to mimic the real ones even more, but to me these are amazing as is! What an awesome (and healthy) treat :) I encourage you to play around with the base recipe with other flavors like cinnamon, orange, vanilla, strawberry, banana, ginger, hell whatever ya got!!
 
Here is strawberry ice cream from the previous post with a Thin Mint!


Yum yum YUM!!

No comments:

Post a Comment