Ku Ku KaChew

Psst! Check out my other blog: Ku Ku KaChew

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Mom's birthday!

Had a wonderful evening last night celebrating my mama's birthday! I made a raw kohlrabi/beet salad and paired it with avocado. Not one of my finer dishes... Kohlrabi is so crispy and tasty on its own and the beets overwhelmed it. I will be more mindful to keep the kohlrabi's integrity next time!! Still pretty dish though :) I also sauteed the kohlrabi leaves in a bit of olive oil, salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Not raw, but still healthy and delicious!


I also made a raw cheesecake!
Crust: Mixed ground dehydrated coconut meat, macadamia nuts, dates, and a dash of salt in a food processor.
Filling: Soaked cashews and mixed it with coconut oil, lime juice, agave, vanilla, and water in a food processor.
I also made a strawberry sauce using strawberries, honey, and coconut oil. I discovered that I didn't need the coconut oil because it made it a funny texture and the sauce really didn't need the flavor/consistency of coconut oil. I stuck the strawberries through my juicer because I wanted the texture of the pulp, but next time I'll opt for a smooth sauce and dice some strawberries separately. No worries though, the sauce didn't go to waste-- Read on :)

Before and after:

Isn't my mommy pretty?!

Mmmmmmmmm

Since I had leftover strawberry sauce, I decided to make strawberry ice cream! I froze the meat from a few coconuts awhile ago so I thawed it and stuck it in the blender with a bit of agave, vanilla, and BAM! Healthy ice cream!! I then blended the strawberry sauce for a smoother consistency, drizzled it into my faux ice cream, and swirled it around with a spoon. Look how pretty!! I swear I eat more "treats" as a raw foodie than I ever did before, and they are so healthy and delicious!


Check out the surprise in my container of strawberries-- A heart full of strawberry love :)

Rawk onnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment