Ku Ku KaChew

Psst! Check out my other blog: Ku Ku KaChew

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Juice fasting: Day 3

I woke up this morning feeling worse than my worst hangover :( I felt similar to how I've felt when I've almost passed out donating blood and I think it was due to me drinking jasmine tea (caffeinated) last night. Right after I ordered it I thought to myself, "Hmm I probably should have gotten hot water and lemon instead." I definitely felt the consequences today :(

So, I shakily cut up a pineapple, juiced it, drank it, and laid back down for an hour. Felt a little better after that but I was still shaky. I figured I needed some protein since the sugar didn't do as much as I'd hoped so I went to Sevananda for wheatgrass. Had a 2 oz shot and bought a cute little tray of wheatgrass so I could juice some on my own. I was planning on helping coach softball this afternoon, but on my way to Chastain I felt extremely nauseated. I turned around, went home, and immediately vomited :( Luckily, I felt better afterwards. Not wanting to waste the day recovering inside, I went to Piedmont and napped for a couple hours in the sun. That definitely helped. So here's the daily breakdown:


Breakfast
Whole pineapple

Lunch
Wheat grass shot and some coconut water. Didn't stay in me for long :\


Dinner
Juiced kale, tomato, parsley, carrot, apple, lemon, and added a little cayenne pepper


Exercise
Just walked a bit around Piedmont


Anyway, hopefully this post will help spare someone else from making the horrible mistake I made. On the off-chance that I feel miserable again tomorrow, I will discontinue the fast. However, I honestly believe my reaction was only from the tea and I plan on maintaining my 10-day juice fast.

Lesson of the day: NEVER have caffeine while juice fasting!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment